WAPT Pro v3.5 | 16 Mb
WAPT is a load and stress testing tool that provides an easy-to-use and cost-effective way to test any web site, including business applications, mobile sites, web portals, etc.
With WAPT you can create load tests in a matter of minutes. A few clicks are required to make thousands virtual users execute concurrent sessions against your web site. The product supports testing of RIA applications in the data-driven mode. It works with secure HTTPS pages and all types of authentication. Descriptive graphs and reports will let you analyze the performance characteristics of your system components under various load conditions, isolate and fix any bottlenecks and optimize your software and hardware configuration.
Did you know that after passing all functional tests every second newly created web application fails under the regular load conditions? Just a hundred active users may be sufficient to cause a fault. How about a peak load appearing when your web site becomes the crucial component of your business?
WAPT Pro 3.5 facilitates every step of your QA work: from test design to the analysis of test results.
1. Recording of user sessions. Now you can start designing your tests with the help of any browser and in any network configuration. WAPT Pro automatically deletes cookies in Firefox and Chrome to prepare for clean recording, handles VPN connections and all types of proxy servers, and correctly processes occasionally failed requests. The process is facilitated with automatic scrolling of the recorded content in the left view and a number of other enhancements.
2. Parameterization. A new bunch parameterization feature will let you automatically find all occurrences of a session-specific value and parameterize them all in one click. You will only need to select the source from which you want to take the value to convert it to a variable.
3. Test scope specification. You can now get more information from the tested servers with the help of the new predefined performance counters for Apache, IIS and other server tools. In addition you can easily design your own custom counters and put them on charts and in the report.
4. Execution. In case of a large distributed test you will now have much better control on the hardware systems used to create the load. WAPT Pro can efficiently distribute the work between agents and engines of different capacities.
5. Results. You can now get more data in the report and on charts. HTML report can be delivered by email in a single file. You can specify nested folders to output reports, logs and raw data files for each test. When you run scheduled tests, you will have full results for each one saved and labelled according to your needs.
Advantages of the Professional version ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
– Remote test management
WAPT Pro provides a testing environment consisting of two different components connected to each other over TCP/IP. The workplace component provides a convenient user interface for a test engineer and manages the load agent service component. The latter is used to generate the test volume. Such distributed architecture allows you to use a productive server for load generation and manage the whole testing process remotely from your own workstation. You can use many load agents and easily switch between them depending on your testing needs.
– Distributed load generation
To achieve maximum productivity WAPT Pro can use several computers to generate required test volume. Each of these computers runs a special service called WAPT Pro load agent. They all are managed from a different workstation running WAPT Pro workplace component. It is responsible for assigning tasks to each load agent and gathering test results. The work is divided between load agents automatically depending on the available system resources on each system. When all agents experience overload and cannot produce the maximum load specified in the test scenario, the system produces corresponding warnings. In this case the problem can be resolved by simply adding more load agents to the system and restarting the test without making any changes in the test specification.
– Server Performance Monitoring
WAPT Pro can measure various parameters of the web server performance during the test. This way you can see how your web application responds to the increasing load in terms of CPU, RAM or network usage. You can also measure various parameters of the database performance, which is essential for web applications that use databases. It is possible to collect performance counters statistics from several systems in one test. The data is included in the test results along with other parameters.
– Ability to export full test execution data to an external base
You can use any external data management and processing system to work with the results of your load tests. WAPT Pro can export the complete test statistics, including timing for each separate request and response.
Basic features of WAPT (regular and Pro versions) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
– Accurate simulation of real user activity; – Recording tests with Firefox, Chrome, or any other external browser; – Different types of virtual users in one test specified by user profiles; – Testing of dynamic web applications; – Ability to work with external modules for advanced support of specific technologies: ASP.NET, Flash, JSON and Silverlight; – Easy navigation to the place where any internal variable is defined; – Ability to identify the source of dynamic values in server responses; – Flexible load level definition; – Different test completion criteria; – Test plan visualization: see how many users will execute each profile on every step; – Descriptive HTML reports and graphs available even at test run-time; – Automatic parameterization of requests; – Ability to read dynamic values from csv files; – Integration with your development environment; – Scheduled test execution; – Support for streaming HTTP requests; – Support for rendezvous points inside the emulated user sessions; – Ability to measure time required for a specific task within a user session; – Emulation of multiple browser connections for a single session; – Parameterization of file upload; – Server response validation; – Pre-test scenario validation; – Full log of virtual users activity; – Advanced tree-type log viewer; – Ability to compare server responses with saved pages; – Support of different language encodings; – Recording and playback of HTTPS/SSL pages (SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0); – Randomization of delays between requests (user “think time” emulation); – Support of IP spoofing: each virtual user can have individual IP address; – User connection speed emulation; – Option to schedule test runs; – Support of keep-alive server connections; – Support of Basic and Integrated Windows (NTLM) authentication (each virtual user can have different login/password); – Full support for Kerberos, SSO and cookie-enabled authentication; – Testing through a proxy server; – Support of session and persistent cookies; – Full recording and replaying of request headers; – Ability to add custom strings to HTTP headers; – Test specification files are saved in XML; – Option to group requests on recording; – Command-line interface.