is the simplest and most powerful Rapid Application Development (RAD) tool available for the Android platform
Basic4android includes all features needed to develop great, real-world Android applications Compiled applications are native Android applications, there is no extra run-time or any dependencies Our community with over 50k developers is waiting to help you get started
Simple and powerful RAD tool for developing native Android applications Complete IDE and programming language 100% focused on Android development Compiles to native bytecode. No runtime libraries are required. APK files are exactly the same as APK files created with Java / Eclipse Performance is similar to applications written with Java Object oriented programming language Share the code with B4J - a development tool for desktop applications New! No need for XML programming Rapid debugger - supports quick deployments, hot code swapping and expressions watches New!. No other native Android tool supports these features! Highly extensible with support for custom Java libraries WYSIWYG visual editor for Android. The visual editor supports multiple screens and resolutions Powerful designer scripts feature. Lets you easily create sophisticated layouts Basic4android UI Cloud service. Test your layouts on a cloud of real phones and tablets Supports all Android phones and tablets from Android 1.6 and up to Android 4.x Modern IDE with autocomplete, built-in documentation, internal index and other advanced features Powerful step-by-step debugger Large set of documentation Built-in code obfuscation Supports all Android core features including: SQL databases including encrypted databases GPS Home screen widgets and live wallpapers Background services and broadcast listeners Bluetooth (serial ports) Phone features: phone calls, sms, contacts, call logs and others USB host / accessory modes and MTP New! Web services Camera XML, JSON, XLS (MS Excel), MDB (MS Access) New! and CSV formats Views animations Multitouch gestures NFC Http Server (based on Jetty) Arduino ADK New! Video and audio playback / recording Networking (TCP, Wifi Direct, UDP, FTP, SFTP New!, FTPS New!, SMTP, POP3 and SMB/CIFS) Push notifications (GCM New! and C2DM) Text to speech and voice recognition AdMob ads and other ads platforms OpenGL, libGDX New! Graphics and charts Sensors Files I/O Integrate with services such as: Parse, Google services, Twitter, Facebook and others Google Play In-App Billing service Objects serialization Sip / Voip Device Administration apps And many more
Some of less obvious new features:
- Press on Ctrl + Click to jump to an identifier (sub, variables, etc.).
- Themes – Ctrl + T
- Sophisticated conditional compilation: #If, #Else If, #Else and support for OR and AND. Also supported in the manifest editor and designer scripts.
- Dockable layout. Including support for multiple open editors.
- Find all references – F7.
- Quick search – Ctrl + F.
- Goto sub / module – Ctrl + E.
- Smarter autocomplete.
- Hover over variables and expressions in debug mode.
- Structure matching.
- Automatic warnings and errors highlighting.
- Support for multiple visual designer windows
- Better support for selection and editing of multiple controls.
- Views tree supports drag and drop to allow changing the z-order.
- Integrated abstract designer with support for zooming.
- Memory leak related to layout animations was fixed.
- StartServiceAtExact keyword.
v8.80 b4x libraries: [new feature] b4x library – a new type of library XUI Views: [B4X] XUI Views – Cross platform views and dialogs X2 games framework: [B4X] X2 / XUI2D (Box2D) – Game engine Auto-backups: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/new-feature-auto-backups.100010 Go to the code line directly from the logs: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t…o-the-code-line-directly-from-the-logs.100090 Intent.SetPackage method. Fix for wrong ‘dip’ scale issue that occurred in some edge cases. Canvas.RemoveClip works with targetSdkVersion = 28. Log correctly shows duplicate messages (relevant to Android 8+ devices). Updated internal libraries: FirebaseAuth v1.06, Camera2 v1.11, XUI2D v1.02, Core v8.80 and debug libs. Debugger improvements:
- Fix for issue where resumable sub could show the wrong value for a global variable.
- Fix for issue where the error message points to the wrong module. XUI v1.90 with B4XView.EditTextHint, SetTextSizeAnimated, XUI.CreateFontAwesome and CreateMaterialIcons methods. Other bug fixes and minor improvements.